- Following our highly successful performance at the 2016 European Championships, we now look forward to holding our first training session post the championships, as we start to turn our focus towards 2018 and the World Championships in Manchester. In this respect we will be publishing our training and event schedule for 2017 and 2018 by the end of this year, (which we anticipate will include competitive events for all members of the Wales Mens Organisation).
- In the meantime our first training session will be held on Sunday 27th November 2016, at Monmouth School Sports Club, Hadnock Road, Monmouth NP25 3NG. ( Tel No. 01600 714381 ).
The playing surface is a sand based astroturf, and no studs or blades are permitted.
Changing rooms and showers will be available.
The cost of the training session will be £5.
Please ensure you bring with you food and water for the complete day as the structure of the day will not provide sufficient time to go to the local shops. Guidelines regarding the appropriate food to bring and hydration can be found on our website.
- THIS TRAINING SESSION INCLUDES ALL MEMBERS OF WALES MENS LACROSSE INCLUDING EURO SQUAD, DRAGONS SQUAD, UNIS , AND U19’S. ADDITIONALLY ANY NEW PLAYING MEMBERS WHO QUALIFY TO PLAY FOR WALES ( SEE OUR INTERNET SITE FOR DETAILS OF THE CRITERIA ) ARE WELCOME.
The training session will commence at 10.30am sharp. Please therefore ensure you arrive by 10.00am, as there are likely to be a number of administrative matters ( see comments below ) to be completed before training can commence.
Following the success of the European Championships it feels exciting to be starting a new training cycle and focusing towards a variety of competitive lacrosse in 2017 and 2018 culminating at the World Championships in 2018. Ultimately we look forward to continuing to build the structure, reputation and standing of Wales Mens Lacrosse.
There are a number of action points in relation to the training session on 27th November 2016 which can be summarised as follows :
- 1) AS THIS IS THE FIRST TRAINING SESSION FOR SOMETIME, PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE OR NON ATTENDANCE DIRECT TO ME BY Email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- 2) YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY TRAINING / PLAYING EVENT FOR WALES MENS LACROSSE. PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM AND BRING THIS WITH YOU TO THE TRAINING SESSION TOGETHER WITH THE APPROPRIATE PAYMENT.
- 3) PLEASE ALSO BRING WITH YOU £5 FOR THE TRAINING SESSION.
- 4) EQUIPMENT – PLEASE BRING :
- 2 STICKS READY TO PLAY.- WEAR MOUTH GUARDS.- TRAINING BIBS ( IF YOU HAVE THEM )- IF YOU POSSESS WALES TRAINING KIT PLEASE WEAR.